Astra Building Services specializes in all aspects of commercial & industrial construction, maintenance, joinery & specialized project work.
Our maintenance department is unique within the industry and is currently thriving and growing. Astra services clients across Melbourne CBD, along with surrounding suburbs with our head office based in Moorabbin.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Maintenance Carpenter who will also carry out all round maintenance. This includes tasks such as: office fit outs, flooring, fixing doors, glazing, locksmith work, concrete repair, outdoor structure work, tiling, painting & related ad-hoc maintenance duties. You will be involved in all facets of building, reporting to the maintenance manager and working in your team for high profile clients.
What this role involves:
- External and internal general maintenance and repairs to commercial and industrial buildings.
- Ensuring top quality of workmanship and excellent presentation & communication with our valued and high-profile clients.
- Focus on OH&S whilst conducting all activities.
- Traveling to various sites within Melbourne CBD & surrounds.
As part of your package, a fully maintained company vehicle, mobile phone and tools are provided.
Qualifications & Experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Display clear understanding of OH&S obligations within the industry;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to undertake physical work and able to work to deadlines
- Supervision of various trades;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Reliable and punctual;
- Experience in Office building refurbishment and fit out preferred; but not essential
- Construction Induction/white card is required.
- Strong work etiquette and willingness to learn and become part of the business long-term
Perks and benefits
- Every job is different, you won’t get bored!
- Work uniform & Tools provided
- Fully maintained company vehicle and fuel
- Competitive Salary + Super + Overtime
- Full time employment with regular hours and weekend work available
- Ongoing paid training, upskilling of tickets, social events and a friendly and supportive team environment
Please apply with a brief covering letter along with your resume, including:
- Why you are interested in this position
- Any relevant experience
Send through your resume or contact us today!
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted via phone for interview.